How to Wall Mount Your TV
So you would like to wall mount your TV, or you’ve purchased a new TV and bought the bracket but stuck wondering how to mount the TV on your wall. Well here’s a handy guide of important steps not to skip when mounting it on your freshly painted wall.
Step 1: The Bracket
Having the correct wall mounting bracket is crucial. Ask the installer or shop assistant at the same time when you buy the TV, they should know their technology and are trained to help.
Step 2: Cables
Deciding what you’re going to do with the cables is the tricky part and you have three options:
1. Run the cables in the wall – You will need to know what type of wall it is e.g. internal plaster, stud, brick or even the ceiling. In walls there are usually timber noggins that you many need to manoeuvre the cables past.
2. Use a cable concealer – easy and you can paint it the same colour as the wall.
3. Nothing, just leave them hanging – not the prettiest but definitely the easiest.
Whichever you choose make sure you buy longer cables than you think you’ll need, you don’t want to stretch them. Also if you’re hooking up an entertainment center why not buy coloured cables so you can easily tell them apart.
Step 3: Locate the Studs To Wall Mount Your TV
While using a stud finder is useful it’s not 100%, so if you are getting inconsistent results look for existing power points – remove the wall plate and use a tool to find which side the stud is on.
- Once you’ve found the stud, mark it with pencil (or tape if you have it).
- Measure the vertical distance of the screw holes.
- Take a step back and look at how high you want the TV
- Mark where each screw will go, double check that it’s level and at the right height.
Step 4: Attach mount and hide cables
Screw the mount to the wall and check again that it’s level, trust us you don’t want to discover that it’s not later. This is also the perfect time to drill a hole to hide your cables – remember to look out for the studs and know what’s behind your wall.
Step 5: Time To Wall Mount Your TV
Now it’s the fun part, get someone to help you wall mount your TV carefully following manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure you double check it’s stability and that it’s firm in place by giving it a few light tugs.
Then hook up the cables put some popcorn in the microwave and you’re ready to watch the latest movie on your brand-new wall mounted TV – and doesn’t it look awesome.
Note : Things also to consider is running power to the tv and the antenna point. If located nearby the TV the job is straight forward ,If not you will need to run an extra point etc.
Generally It should take 2.5 to 3 hours for an concealed installation and connecting equipment. With the power point and antenna below or close to the Tv’s desired location.
Whether you would like seamless flat panel TV wall mounting or you have a cabinet for your new TV Funkesound are the experts! Cost is $280- $320.00 plus cables.
For same day service call 0414 685 502.